Looking for our V8 Supercars calendar for 2023? Get the current dates and all the latest on the debut of Gen3 in 2023!
The 2022 Supercar season is already underway, and what a season it promises to be! We cannot wait for the schedule to be packed again. And of course, to finally see the Grand Prix return in April.
Let’s take a look at everything we need to know about the 2022 Repco Supercars Championship.
What’s new in 2022?
- This will be the first Supercars Championship under new ownership of Racing Australia Consolidated Enterprises Ltd.
- Sydney hosts the opening event for the first time since 1999.
- All rounds will be held between March and November.
- 6 events will return for the first time since 2019.
- The ‘fastest lap’ rule will remain at the Sprint events, however the driver now only receives the points if they also finish in the top 15 places.
- The new Gen3 models, due for their competitive debut in 2023, will be on show, cranking out test laps at various events.